Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Grandma





Excited to finally check out Brawley next Tuesday at The Riviera.
I'm intentionally barring myself from listening to them online or reading any reviews of the band so I can form an uninfluenced impression in person - except that they're named after my strange country of origin. I have to say, that alone is kinda' skewing me in a certain direction. The thing is, I've found that I love most live music. I can't help it! I fall for the effort, the energy, sincerity and bravery it takes just to get up on that stage and expose yourself in that way. I always feel like I'm watching my kids perform their hearts out in a school play or something. I've only hated a few bands live in the past few years (You know what you did, Minmae!) I'm sure next week will be a good time. I'll let Grandma know. Hey Brawley do you ever play in Brawley?

No comments:

Post a Comment