Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Corby

Plastic


The Real McCoy


Grandma Jeri taught me how to blow eggs for Easter one year. It's my best memory with her - right before the shared delight of frozen lemon coolers.




Found these fancy, hand painted Easter eggs while cleaning out Casa de Roca. They were tucked way in the back of Grandma's closet, carefully protected in faded pink Sunnyslope Farms egg cartons. I think I found one I made when I was little but I may just be a wishin and a hopin. It would be like me to put tiny, little s's all over my design, though. One curious carton contained only plastic, yet still hand painted (?), eggs. Sending these to my cousin Corby for her adorable little girl. Hope they make it in time for Easter - not sure if she has the same memories I do but we all need a little piece of our family history hanging around, cluttering up the joint.

No comments:

Post a Comment