Monday, May 23, 2011

Sad and Scary Time


Mason has been hospitalized since April 14th. Well, actually, four dramatic hospitalizations with one day releases in between. We're still learning but I am amazed that mania and psychosis can last so long, even while on medication.

Poor, poor, poor Mason. What a heartbreak. I will never think the same way again about 'helpless'.
Or nightmare.
Or sorrow,
terror.

I don't need to get into that. I just wanted to say that all of my projects are on hold for now. I hope to start this blog up again, eventually, but my time and energy are consumed by my efforts to try to help Mason. Oh yeah, and working and taking showers and stuff. What a crock! What a shock to discover that when something like this happens you don't get to just curl up on the couch all day in your pjs, drinking wine and watching stupid movies. I can't believe we still have to go to our jobs and pay the mortgage and feed the dumb cats and take out the trash. No Free Pass. What a drag.

Oh yeah, I'm working on my attitude, too.


Peace, peace and stillness, Mason. Just breathe.

And now for some masochistic viewing pleasure:
A little blast from the long ago past.

1 comment: